Basic Information of BDS Course
1. Name of the course: Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
2. Basic qualification and pre-requisites for entrance in BDS Course
i. HSC or equivalent with Science (Histology, Physics, Chemistry)
ii. Candidate has to secure required grade points in the SSC and HSC examination.
3. Students selection procedure for BDS course: According to decision by the proper competent authority as per merit.
4. Medium of Instruction: English.
5. Duration: BDS course comprises of 5 years. Followed by logbook based rotatory internship for one year.
6. Course structure and duration:
The BDS course is divided into four phases:
Sub-1: Anatomy & Dental ANatomy
Sub-2: Physiology, Biochemistry & Science of Dental Materials.
|2nd Phase||1 year|
Sub-3: General & Dental Pharmacology
Sub-4: Pathology & Microbiology
|3rd Phase||1 year|
Sub-7: Periodontology & Oral Pathology
|4th Phase||1.5 year|
Sub-8: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Sub-9: Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Sub-11: Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Sub-12: Pedodontics & Dental Public Health
© Copyright 2016 DNMC - All Rights Reserved
Developed by Arobil